Good to know
It takes approx. 45 minutes to walk from the city centre to Fjellheisen. The easiest way to go is to follow Turistveien after Tromsøbrua, and turn right when you get to Eurospar. Then follow Anton Jakobsens vei until you see the Fjellheisen centre.Fjellheisen Tromsø
It takes approx. 15 minutes by bus from the city centre to Fjellheisen. Take the Fjellheisen Shuttle Bus from Kirkegata 1 or Torgsenteret in Tromsø city center. See departures and book your transport here.Timetables
It takes approx. 10 minutes by taxi from the city centre to Fjellheisen. Prices depend on the time of day you travel, and will range from NOK 150-250.
Frequently asked questions
Is Sherpatrappa open all year round?
Where can I find Sherpatrappa?
Where should I go if I lose something on the mountains?
What is there when I get to the top?
Do you offer annual passes?
Can I bring my bicycle in the gondolas?
Can I bring my dog in the gondolas?
Can I pay with credit card?
Can I pay with Vipps?
Can I buy tickets online?
Are there parking facilities at Fjellheisen?
Is the track wheelchair-friendly?
Can I bring a pram in the gondolas?
How many passengers does each gondola carry?
How long does the trip up/down take?
When is the next trip?
Take the necessary precautions
Even experienced mountaineers respect the mountains and take precautions when going out on a mountain hike. The mountain is undoubtedly beautiful, but can also present challenges. You should therefore ensure that you have enough training, experience, local knowledge and equipment required for the trip.
The Norwegian Mountain Code
- Plan your trip and inform others about the route you have selected.
- Adapt the planned routes according to ability and conditions.
- Pay attention to the weather and the avalanche warnings.
- Be prepared for bad weather and frost, even on short trips.
- Bring the necessary equipment so you can help yourself and others.
- Choose safe routes. Recognize avalanche terrain and unsafe ice.
- Use a map and a compass. Always know where you are.
- There is no shame in turning back.
- Conserve your energy and seek shelter if necessary.
Many of the precautions you should take in the summer must also be taken in the winter, only to an even greater extent. When it's cold outside, it's extra important that you dress in layers of wool, don't get wet and that you have windproof outwear.